Press & blog reviews
Tremendous visual appeal of a quality that is unmatched by other early reading series. No Key Stage 1 classroom should be without the whole set.
The Usborne Beginners and Young Readers series are increasingly being recognized and celebrated as having both the production values, content, and visual and commercial appeal demanded by the home market, and also the clear structure supporting children's reading development that is desired by schools. In my opinion, the Usborne Beginners and Young Readers series are by far the most appealing and comprehensive reading development supports available, now offering a vast range of subjects.
An excellent series. Carefully designed to appeal to early readers, the books have accessible vocabulary and easy reading text, clear pictures, a contents page, index and glossary - all excellent for helping children to learn to use books for research. Short chunks of text and plenty of pictures make these books really fun to read.
Parents in Touch
Write a review
Do you fancy writing a review for 'Castles'? Here are some hints:
- Be real: Give us a real flavour of your experience or point of view.
- Spell check: Well written reviews are more likely to get published.
- Be polite: Impolite reviews will never make it to the site. Obviously.
Other things to bear in mind before you submit a review:
- We don't publish all reviews, and reserve the right to edit for length or sense.
- Your review may be published or quoted on any Usborne website.
- We'll use your name beneath the review, but no other details.
Links & fun
Usborne Publishing is not responsible for the content of external websites.