Illustrated dictionary of science
- An essential and great value home or school reference book for SAT and GCSE students.
- Organised in three sections, each covering the key aspects of the curriculum for physics, biology and chemistry, and including charts, tables and lists of important information.
- Key concepts and basic ideas clearly explained with simple text and colourful pictures and diagrams.
- With internet links to educational websites for further learning.
"A sumptuous reference companion"
Books for Keeps
Price: $29.95 | ISBN: 9780746087145
Out of stock
Dimensions:240 x 170mm
Illustrated Dictionary of SCIENCE
This is a very good book, which I can definitely recommend to my friends. I am 13, and seeing my Science grades were a little low, I bought this book. Now I'll get an A in Science! It's really helpful, and the most interesting textbook I've ever read. Usborne makes it fun to learn with how the information and pictures are laid out. It was so much fun to learn with this book.
Courtney Hunter, 28 December 2010
Usborne Review on the selected book
This is a very good and exellent book because of its illustrated items (pics) and descriptions are enjoyable to read and read and read. I'm 13 years old and I love reading and learning through this book, now I'm reading it a second time so I'll get A* on Science GCSE.
Michael Antys, 9 October 2010
Press & blog reviews
A sumptuous reference companion - not arranged alphabetically - 'for students of physics, chemistry and biology', the secondary pupils presumably. The language is academic and concise-technical; no frills or anecdotes.
Books for Keeps
Write a review
Do you fancy writing a review for 'Illustrated dictionary of science'? Here are some hints:
- Be real: Give us a real flavour of your experience or point of view.
- Spell check: Well written reviews are more likely to get published.
- Be polite: Impolite reviews will never make it to the site. Obviously.
Other things to bear in mind before you submit a review:
- We don't publish all reviews, and reserve the right to edit for length or sense.
- Your review may be published or quoted on any Usborne website.
- We'll use your name beneath the review, but no other details.