Orphaned Pip lives a humble life with his sister and her husband, until a fateful encounter causes his life to change irrevocably. Will his great expectations be fulfilled?
I liked Pip because he was a kind and generous boy. I liked how he tried to help Miss Haversham and Magwich. It was a happy ending because Estella and Pip were never parted again. I read it to my Dad and he thought it was brilliant.
Gabi Siday, 9 April 2013
An Amazing Book
I really enjoyed this book as it was full of emotions and details. My favourite character was Pip because he was a nice person and very brave in trying to resue Miss Havisham. It was a sort of sad ending.
Lucas Cowie, 8 April 2013
I liked the book because it was scary and good. My favourite character was Magwich because he was scary.
molly mchugh, 3 March 2010
This book is wonderful for children and adults. There is a young boy called Pip who lives with his older sister, and Joe the blacksmith. Barry Ablett the illustrator has drawn very impressively to my point of view for this book because the pictures almost look like they are telling the story themselves. My favourite character is Miss Havisham, because I like the description of her house. Hope you enjoy this book.
kirsty maclellan, 1 November 2009
Write a review
Do you fancy writing a review for 'Great Expectations'? Here are some hints:
- Be real: Give us a real flavour of your experience or point of view.
- Spell check: Well written reviews are more likely to get published.
- Be polite: Impolite reviews will never make it to the site. Obviously.
Other things to bear in mind before you submit a review:
- We don't publish all reviews, and reserve the right to edit for length or sense.
- Your review may be published or quoted on any Usborne website.
- We'll use your name beneath the review, but no other details.
Links & fun
Usborne Publishing is not responsible for the content of external websites.