- Lively account of the Crusaders, with exciting descriptions of the main people, places and battles, including the peasant’s crusade and the siege of Jerusalem.
- Includes maps and timelines.
- Vividly illustrated by Emmanuel Cerisier.
- Young Reading Series Three are for confident readers who still need to gain the stamina needed for standard length books.
- Part of the Usborne Reading Programme developed with reading experts at the University of Roehampton and a history consultant.
Price: $7.95 | ISBN: 9780746079041
Dimensions:196 x 130mm
Author/Editor:Rob Lloyd Jones
Crusaders was an interesting book because it covered a lot of what we had learned about in our project on castles and knights.
The illustrations were very detailed and interesting.I also learned a lot of new words as I worked my way through the story.
I would give this book 5 out of 10 because the story was too boyish for me.
Ava L Slimon, 10 January 2011
I really enjoyed this book because there were lots of interesting diagrams of the weapons used in battle. I liked the book because we had done a project in class about knights and castles and this linked to the previous work we had done. The pictures were very detailed, especially the people's clothes.
I would give this book 10 out of 10.
Charlie T.R.Smith, 10 January 2011
I really liked this book because it told me about the life of a Crusader and how hard it must have been for them in battle. It also told me about the weapons that the Crusaders used to win their battles. I liked the illustrations because they told me how hard it was for the Crusaders in their long difficult journeys across land and sea and how hard they fought in their battles. I would recommend this book.
Niall Holman, 8 January 2011
I liked Crusaders because the battles were well described and the illustrations were very good. It must have been very difficult being a crusader travelling long distances to foreign lands and fighting the muslims. I would recommend this book as it is very interesting and gives lots of facts.
Connor Moore, 29 November 2009
This book was really exciting because it gave me interesting facts about the Crusaders and how they tried to capture Jerusalem back from the Muslims. It tells you about all the weapons they used for example, siege towers. It told you how tough and strong the Crusaders were and also about the long hard journey to the Holy Lands that they made. Fantastic Read! 10/10
Justine Cowie, 25 November 2009
Write a review
Do you fancy writing a review for 'Crusaders'? Here are some hints:
- Be real: Give us a real flavour of your experience or point of view.
- Spell check: Well written reviews are more likely to get published.
- Be polite: Impolite reviews will never make it to the site. Obviously.
Other things to bear in mind before you submit a review:
- We don't publish all reviews, and reserve the right to edit for length or sense.
- Your review may be published or quoted on any Usborne website.
- We'll use your name beneath the review, but no other details.