I like this book because it was really interesting and I got really into it, I never want to go near a volcano ever!
hannah, 16 June 2012
A Superb Guide Book
We actually used this book to tour the excavations at Pompeii in Italy. My six year old son had read the story many times before we went and when we were there we used the map to find all of the places mentioned, really bringing the visit to life and enabling us to see what the different ruins would have looked like before the eruption. Well done Usborne!
Emma Butt, 15 August 2011
I enjoyed this book as it told me the story of how families struggled in Pompeii when Vesuvius erupted. The book explained the events and times from the volcano erupting in AD79 to the excavations and treasures found by Giuseppe Fiorelli in 1860. I like the great maps and plans in the book.
Connor Moore, 2 February 2010
Pompeii is brillant!
This book was really sad and exciting because it tells the story about a volcano called Vesuvius that erupted and destroyed everything, and exciting because it told me lots of facts about the past! I would give this book 10 out of 10. Excellent!
Justine Cowie, 31 January 2010
Write a review
Do you fancy writing a review for 'Pompeii'? Here are some hints:
- Be real: Give us a real flavour of your experience or point of view.
- Spell check: Well written reviews are more likely to get published.
- Be polite: Impolite reviews will never make it to the site. Obviously.
Other things to bear in mind before you submit a review:
- We don't publish all reviews, and reserve the right to edit for length or sense.
- Your review may be published or quoted on any Usborne website.
- We'll use your name beneath the review, but no other details.
Links & fun
Usborne Publishing is not responsible for the content of external websites.